The Diversity Leadership Fellowship is designed to develop psychiatry residents, who are a part of minority and underrepresented groups, into psychiatry leaders who can provide high quality and culturally sensitive mental health services to diverse, underserved and at-risk populations.
During this fellowship I have been able to
- Receive mentorship from the National Minority Mentor’s Network (NMMN) and at multiple levels throughout APA.
- Assist International Medical Graduates (IMG) with origins outside the U.S. to find their way in both the psychiatric community and American culture.
- Attend the APA Annual Meeting and September Components meeting and participate on an assigned Council.
- Gain an understanding of APA Governance through service on a Council.
- Attend courses and workshops at APA Meetings.
- Participate in workshop presentations at the APA meetings and attend training opportunities that develop psychiatry leaders with an interest in improving the quality of mental health care for diverse and underserved populations